Our mission is to:
- Support education on arterial structure and function appropriate to the various medical communities, such as scientific researchers, clinical specialists, primary care specialists, medical students, and pharmaceutical researchers, as well as the patient community;
- Develop mechanisms and venues for disseminating information on the understanding and application of arterial structure and function and its measurement among the various medical communities;
- Participate in and encourage the study of improved application of technologies in the measurement of arterial structure and function.
- Participate in and encourage clinical trials that develop the understanding of how arterial structure and function and its measurement can guide and inform patient selection and treatment;
- Guide and support efforts to standardize arterial structural and functional measurements for clinical practice and clinical/scientific studies;
- Direct efforts to include arterial structure and function measurements in appropriate national guidelines;
- Formulate a consensus statement regarding what is known in regards to arterial structure and function.