The NAA is excited to announce that all accepted abstracts for the 2014 Annual Meeting will be published (with permission) in Artery Research, the Official Journal of the Association for Research into Arterial Structure and Physiology (ARTERY).
Note: If you have already submitted an abstract, we will contact you about the permission to publish.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The North American Artery Society (NAA) welcomes abstracts for oral and poster presentations dealing with clinical research, experimental studies, epidemiology, biomechanical, methodological, and genetic research related to large artery structure and function. The presentation of data at this meeting will provide the opportunity for scientific interaction and discussion with the audience.
The NAA will provide a Young Investigator Award to PhDs and/or MDs who are still in training (i.e., residency, fellowship, etc.) for the best abstract submission among this group. A second award will be presented for the best overall abstract submission received.
All presented abstracts will be published in the official syllabus of the Fourth Annual Meeting of the North American Artery Society and in a password-protected area available to members and participants of the 2014 Annual Meeting on the Society’s website (www.naartery.org).
Previously published or presented abstracts will not be considered.
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS IS MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, JULY 7, 2014.
Abstract Size and Presentation
- The maximum number of words is 300 (including references but excluding the abstract title and authors) plus up to two figures and/or tables.
- Abstracts may be reduced in size for printing, so all lettering/symbols/lines should be clear and distinct.
- Abstracts should be typed single-spaced – minimum type size 11 point, with no space between title and body or between paragraphs. Paragraphs should be indented. Please use Arial, Times New Roman and Symbol fonts only.
- Tables should be kept simple and should be inserted as tab-spaced text or Word tables, not pasted from other applications.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically in a PC-compatible format, preferably a Microsoft Word document or similar format (i.e. WordPerfect) together with a cover letter (see below) to NAA@hansenglobalevents.com.
- Type the title of the abstract and the presenting author’s name and affiliation in capital letters. Additional authors and their affiliations should be typed in title-case.
- Abstract text should clearly state Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
- Define all abbreviations the first time they appear in the abstract.
- Use only generic names of drugs.
- References should be kept to a minimum and numbered consecutively as they are cited.
- Proofread the abstract carefully before submitting.
- A sample template can be downloaded here: Template PDF
Grading of Abstracts
- Abstracts will be scored by the members of the Program Committee according to scientific merit and expertise of presentation.
- Notification of acceptance/declines will be sent to the corresponding author on or about July 15, 2014 via email.
- The presenting author of accepted abstracts is expected to attend the Annual Meeting to present the abstract and pay the Special Student Registration Fee ($75.00).
- The Young Investigator and Best Abstract awards will be presented during the conference.
Cover LetterAll abstracts must be submitted with a cover letter indicating the name of the corresponding author (first, middle, last), Degree, Title, Institution, Street Address, City, State, Postal Code, Telephone, and Email address.
The following statements and your signature must be included as part of the cover letter.
- "The author affirms that the material submitted has not been previously published or presented at any national or international meeting, and any experimentation has been conducted according to a protocol approved by the institutional committee on ethics or, if no such committee exists, that it conforms with the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research.14: 193, 1966). The undersigned also certifies that all authors named in the abstract have agreed to its submission for presentation at the Fourth Annual Meeting of the North American Artery Society."
- “I understand that my presentation will be included in a conference syllabus and on the North American Artery Society (NAA) website (www.naartery.org). I hereby grant NAA permission to publish my abstract as part of the conference materials and on their website.”
If you wish to also have your abstract published in Artery Research, the following statement must also be included as part of the cover letter.
Cover letter and abstract should be sent via email to NAA@hansenglobalevents.com.
- "I understand that my presentation will also be published in Artery Research, the Official Journal of the Association for Research into Arterial Structure and Physiology (ARTERY). I hereby grant NAA and ARTERY permission to publsih my abstract in Artery Research."